When you think about places of worship such as churches, do you sometimes wonder how they maintain indoor air quality and comfort? These areas are a bit different from other public facilities since they have large, open spaces and unique architectural surroundings. At the same time, they require HVAC systems that maintain adequate comfort and energy efficiency while also running smoothly and quietly.
Several factors go into designing and building a proper HVAC system for a church or any similar structure. To help you learn more about what needs to be considered, our AC and furnace installation team at Perfect Degree HVAC shares more insight.
Factors That Influence HVAC System Design
- Variable Occupancy – A church provides a spacious sanctuary for congregations and other religious gatherings. However, the number of people present in a church building will always vary, with some days having more attendees than others. The facility will also be unoccupied much of the day.
- Large Spaces and Architecture – A church building usually follows a design that incorporates high ceilings with a large volume of overhead space. Large spans of glass can gain a lot of heat during the summer months while also poorly retaining indoor heat during winter.
Typical Design Considerations
- Sizing – Calculating the system size needed for a church building must be done by a licensed air conditioning and heat pump installation professional with experience in designing HVAC systems for churches or other similar facilities. They understand how to calculate the size so that they can get the accurate BTU capacity for the building.
- Price – Depending needs, preferences and budget, the church can pay for the system in full or consider financing options offered by the HVAC contractor. If they’re not set on a specific brand or if they are limited by budget, they may go for the most affordable system.
- Warranty – Church HVAC systems should include an extended warranty that provides coverage for repair and replacement parts. Some of the more expensive units have longer warranties as they guarantee the product’s performance and reliability.
When it comes to HVAC installation and repair services, our team at Perfect Degree HVAC will get the job done with speed and efficiency. Call us at (610) 529-7372 or fill out our online contact form today!